Strategist / Maker / Prototyper /
Designer / Builder / Innovator /
Good Person to Have Around
I like to make.
I like to make cool things do cool things. Including but not limited to: Prototypes, websites, baked goods, graphics, collateral, puppets, hackathons/design sprints, props/costumes and pretty much anything else that comes my way where I can help someone build a business, birth a product or test an idea.
I have over a decade of experience leading fast paced creative teams, inspiring innovation and building killer digital products. I love solving problems through user centered design processes and I think the most beautiful thing in the world is something that works well. I’m excited to see what we can build together!
[Sarahs] creativity and passion were a constant source of motivation for the team; whether it was UI prototyping in a supermarket carpark or inspirational ideation sessions, she always brought a unique energy to everything she did.
– Andrew Wragg, Senior Software Engineer, Premium Experience Lab (PXL),
Verizon Digital Media Services
What fun am I having for work?
Here’s a quick download:
- I am in the middle of getting an EMBA from University of Maryland, Smith school of Business, and I graduate in May!
- I am working with a few small businesses to improve their SEO and branding
- and outside of work – for the Maryland YMCA, I’m on the Community Leadership Board where I help plan events and programs for the YMCAs in Baltimore City. I also revived the PTO for my daughter’s school and set them up with a website and helped them become a 501C3 registered non-profit.
What work am I doing for fun?
My daughter’s school is a Chinese immersion charter school, and I wanted to help update their space. I scaled up and painted a map of the world in their school parking lot, and I’m very proud of it.
I can walk the walk…
- Digital, Graphic, User Centered and Traditional design methods and practices
- Adobe Suite
- Figma, Sketch & Adobe XD
- Powerpoint / Keynote / Google Slides
- Product Design / Prototyping
- MA in Publications Design
- Previous career in Theater (Costumes and Props)
- HTML / CSS
- Divi / Beaver Builder / Elementor / show me a site builder and I’ll show you how to use it.
- Plugins & Integrations with other web services
- Shopify / Hubspot sites
And I can talk the talk.
- Design Thinking / Design Sprints
- Project management
- Paper / Wireframing
- Invision & other digital prototyping tools
- User Testing (digitally & in person)
- Website / Platform Structuring
- Startup Pitch Decks & Strategy
- Testing ideas for business viability
- Experience presenting to groups from 1 to 100 people on multiple continents
- Adept at explaining complicated technical concepts to non-technical people, and vice versa (Nerd / Luddite translator)
- UX Design adjunct professor for Goucher MA Program
- Engaging and dynamic speaker
- Great at getting people excited
I simply have not seen better igniter of a spark in people – both externally and internally than Sarah.
– Paul Palmieri, Co-founder & General Partner Grit Capital
She’s never happy until units/landing pages, etc. are completely stunning and clients are thrilled. She has led the charge on rich media, video, etc. units. I miss her infectious personality and creatively-charged brain.
– #16 Business Insider – Most creative people in Mobile advertising
2012 Winner – Pixels of Fury, Baltimore
Set up some time with me
Text me to start a chat about a project